Here are the official requirements for application to each of our available certifications. Click here for a more general description of the overall certification process.
Currently we are accepting applications for WorkFace Planning Professionals Level One (WFP in Training). Additional certifications, including WorkFace Planning Professionals Level Two (WFP Professional) and Advanced Work Packaging Professionals coming soon.
WFP Professionals Level One (WFP in Training) Requirements
Basic requirements for certification:
- Journeyman or Red Seal in a recognized trade or Engineer or Engineering Technologist credential.
- 3 years of post-journeyman / field construction-related experience with at least one of those years in supervisory role.
- 40 hours of approved WorkFace Planning training (see AWP Certifications-recognized training providers).
- Leadership for Safety Excellence training (or equivalent, such as OSHA).
- All applications are subject to documentation review and successful applicants will be required to pass a proctored online exam.
Please include the following documentation with your certification application:
- Your Journeyman’s ticket or valid engineering or engineering technologist credential.
- Evidence of at least three years of post-journeyman / field construction-related experience (at least one of those years in a supervisory role). We require a list of companies you have worked for, projects you have worked on and associated references with contact information (individuals at the companies / projects).
- A copy of your Leadership for Safety Excellence certificate (or equivalent, such as OSHA).
- Evidence that you have completed at least 40 hours of approved AWP and WFP training (certificate[s] of completion and / or references of the training provider).
Note: please provide electronic copies of the above. If you are unable to provide electronic copies for any reason, please contact us to discuss alternative submission options.