This page contains information about the general certification process. As additional certification types are introduced, this process may vary slightly between certifications.
The application process (general)
- Submit application via email; attach electronic copies of required documentation, or send in requested documentation separately via post mail.
- Send application fee (CAD $300) by cheque via post mail (online payment option coming soon).
- Application reviewed by AWP Certs for completeness. If the application is incomplete, we will request additional information.
- Complete application and supporting documentation reviewed for accuracy by AWP Certs. If all requirements met, applicant scheduled for proctored online exam.
- When applicant passes the proctored online exam, they become certified and officially registered as a certificate-holder in the AWP Certifications database.
- If applicant fails the proctored online exam, a re-exam can be scheduled every 4 months to a maximum of 3 times in 12 months. There is a re-examination fee associated with each attempt.
For certification-specific requirements, the following information is currently available: